Monday, February 16, 2015

On the road to mastering Twitter

Similar to Facebook's messaging, Twitter also allows the users to direct messages the people you follow. This direct messages would not appear to the public but only to the person you sent it to. This type of messaging application is a must have item for nowadays social networking system.

Again, similar to Facebook's notifications, Twitter notifications allow users to check updates on the people they follow. For instance, if I am following my friend Josh, I would get notifications on what Josh said on public through Twitter on the moment he published it. Notifications allow users to stay connected to the people they follow at any time from anywhere.


Tweets on the first page show the tweets from the people I follow or related people. Tweets would be really similar to Facebook's "what's on your mind". People write whether it is short or long and the followers would be able to read them as soon as it is posted. This is truly a collaborative effort since no followers and readers would make tweets unavailable.

Twitter gives the users list of popular accounts so that it is easy to follow whoever popular I want to follow. Twitter, among other social networking system, is the best fit for people who wants an update from celebrities. This is because following does not require the approval from the recipient. Not only that following an institute such as ESPN, would give me all the ESPN news and important tweets that I want to follow.

Entering an actual page of others would let me read all the tweet history that were written by the owner.  Unlike waiting for the tweet updates, entering the page would give me a lot about the owner that I am interested by watching previous comments and photographs that were uploaded before.

No comments:

Post a Comment