Monday, February 16, 2015

On the road to mastering Facebook

Facebook allows the users to share what they have on their mind in the moment. Simply writing out what's on my mind would allow my friends read it and comment on my thoughts. For instance, I could be happy in the moment and share my excitement with my friends or I can comment on others by liking his or her thoughts.

Facebook allows users to create group pages so that the users can find groups to subscribe. Group pages are convenient because groups are secure places to post inter related pictures and posts that are only allowed to view through the page. I could make the group page of certain bc class and invite students to talk about the stuffs from our class without having to show other friends who are not in this class. 

Facebook also gives the users the list of friends I might know. The list of "friends I might know" is made out of mutual friend list that the Facebook gives me the list of people who have mutual friendships and common interests. This is useful because there is always a high chances to find friends I missed to add or friends I recently met. 

This is the messaging part of Facebook, where we can chat with friends who are online. The private messaging in Facebook is highly used by most of the Facebook users because it is a public chat with one another. There is no risk of showing my chats to the public unless you literally show it to them. Not only that it is way more comfortable to talk to people since it does not require any phone number or email address to talk to them in person. 

Advertisement is huge in Facebook since Facebook has the biggest range of users all over the world. Related pages and actual advertisements are displayed through Facebook. Not only the real advertisement, it is not hard to make our own non-profit advertisement using Facebook. By letting others liking my post, it will appear on their friends post, which would eventually allocate to the people I do not know at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment